Sunday, June 22, 2008

Continuing to Build

But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion... Jeremiah 20:11

Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

These beautiful passages reminded me of you all today. Great things, of course.
As I sat and listened to the scriptures above and the priest's beautiful words, I was greatly encouraged for all of us, mothers.
We are the builders of awesome cathedrals. God is championing us toward wonderful endeavors. He is watching and noticing our work even when the accolades are few and far between.

He knows the number of hairs on our heads!
Of course he knows how many times I've stooped today to mop up thrown food from the floor.
Of course he knows how often I've bitten my tongue in order to say something more encouraging.
Of course he knows how many poopy diapers I've tackled, arguments I've quelled, tantrums I've halted.
Of course he knows my many motherly sacrifices.

I am worth more than many sparrows. My work matters to God.
Therefore, I will fear not.

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

Beautiful B-mama! Thanks for sharing your great reflection.

AR and J Mama said...

Thank you for this beautiful reflection. Sometimes every mother needs this kind of reminder! :) a.