Thursday, January 28, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

1. Stayed caught up on laundry while in the midst of a family wide stomach virus
2. Stayed caught up on school work by having kids read to me while folding laundry
3. Produced one bland meal after another even though nauseated myself and out of groceries

I have to be honest, and I'm not sure that I can count this as a success, a week of queasiness has made me NEVER, EVER want to be pregnant again. Is that wrong? My baby is over a year old, and I was just beginning to forget about labor and sleepless nights, but now my mind is fixated on the misery of the first trimester. I'm sure I'll get over it, but I really, really, hate that feeling!

In general, though, I like that this list happens to fall on Thursday -- our week ends with a very busy and fun Thursday and Friday, so my successes on the home front mostly happen on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. All that is left now is for me to keep my patience and joy as we drive from one activity to another, and just keep my head on until Friday night pizza and movie!

Share your small successes at Faith and Family Live.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I haven't had the flu in so long I can't really compare to pregnancy. But its my least favorite part of the pregnancy too! Great Successes!

olivia said...

Those are great successes! One day at a time...

ViolinMama said...

Yes it does. YOU ROCK. How you do it is a success!!!!

Much love!

Elena said...

Funny, I remember when my baby was just over a year old (almost a year ago) and having the flu and feeling the exact same way. But, here I am, with the baby just over 2 and I am 10 weeks pregnant with our fifth and very nauseated. But, I am happy because it means that things are OK. Amazing how time changes us.

Kat said...

Okay ladies, has anyone had a re-emergence of queasiness during the last few weeks of pregnancy? I'm 36+ weeks and have had a slighter version of that yucky early pregnancy feeling recently.

MA, great successes, I hope that your Friday is easier than the rest of your week has been!

texas mommy said...

MA, your successes are really heroic! Hang in there!

Kat, yes, with Incredibaby I was nauseated the last 2-3 weeks, even to the point that I lost weight overall even as the baby was gaining. I could hardly eat and was generally miserable...all part of prodromal labor, I think. The up side is that is was quickest, easiest, least painful birth by a lot! Hope you start feeling better.

B-Mama said...

Bravo MA!
Because our recent stomach bug following so closely the end of my first trimester, I found myself trying to treat my viral nausea with eating. This usually helps in the first trimester, but made things so much worse when dealing with the virus! My brain was so confused...
Overall, any nausea is awful!

Jennifer Frey said...

Dear MA,

I have no idea how you do it! I am 9 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and I am barely getting anything done. I too have felt like "this is it" lately; I have been teasing my husband that we are adopting after this I have been so miserable and incapacitated.

I always assumed that women who have many children must not experience severe nausea. You've inspired me to try to do better than I have been!