Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Mommy Card


As I spend my mornings this week in the waiting room during our son's occupational therapy "camp" one of the other moms suggested getting together for a weekly playdate to practice the skills the boys are learning. Everyone heartily assented and next followed an exchange of cards...not business cards per se, but what I am calling "Mommy Cards". I was unaware of this phenomena...printing business-like cards with your name, phone number, email, to easily share contact information. Brilliant! No more searching for scraps of paper while balancing a baby and your toddler bites through the pen spilling ink everywhere. I was the only one empty handed. Maybe I'm just behind the times.

My book club is reading Jane Austen this month and the mommy card exchange reminded me vaguely of the calling cards that ladies used to leave. There are tons of free business card templates online....I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.