Friday, September 18, 2009

Tipping and Digging toward Reading


Parents, if you are looking for a great family reading experience you must get this book.

I just witnessed the most touching reading of this book by my eldest daughter. Her wide-eyed 20-month old brother was so enamored of the pictures that he was willing to sit through her slower speed of reading and everyone felt enriched and empowered at the end of it. I hope you can get your hands on it. Our small overseas library had it, so I am hopeful. Happy Friday.

4 comments:

Mary Alice said...

First of all, what a great thing it is when a child can read a "real book"! You all must be so proud and excited!

Second, we will definitely look for this one at the library -- our street is being re-paved, so we are truck obsessed at the moment!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I'll have to look this one up at our library. We're having our water mains replaced so my girls are currently crazy about all the equipment.

TheFiveDays said...

Looks like a fun book and I always love recommendations. We'll look it up! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This book is a favorite of my 3 yo and 18 month old, too!