Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Busy Little Hands




Don't these look delicious! We spent our afternoon picking some green beans from our garden, and then venturing out for a late afternoon walk to the mid-week town farmers market. To my surprise, peas are officially in season--and boy are they sweet!

Removing the peas from their pods was an amazing way for my two children to spend the late afternoon hours. Busy little hands make light work for this mama and I am thankful for the many quiet minutes I had while preparing dinner. Even our youngest--an extremely picky eater --was kept quiet as the elder two shared their yield with him ;-) I can't complain when my children are snacking on fresh peas prior to dinner.

So if you are looking for a productive way for your little ones to spend the late afternoon, look no further than a pea in its pod.