Thursday, May 1, 2008

St. Joseph the Worker

Today's feast of St. Joseph is suppressed in honor of Ascension Thursday, but I did want to take a moment to honor St. Joseph and to thank my husband who, along with the other builders guys, works hard every day to make it possible for us to live our vocations as wives and mothers.

Lately, I have been getting an amazing amount of support from my husband in all sorts of ways, at the end of a long day at work he comes home and helps out with whatever household chores are left undone. He begins his day by serving breakfast to the family. He is making better food choices and taking care of himself so that he can do what he is able to be here to support us for many years to come.

My grandmother often reminds me that there is a heavy burden on the young fathers of large families, they have many mouths to feed and they have worries that they often do not share at home. Today, and everyday, I entrust my spouse to St. Joseph, who was chosen by God to be the foster father of Our Lord Jesus and the daily companion to Our Blessed Mother.

3 comments:

Right Said Red said...

Amen.

B-Mama said...

St. Joseph, pray for our husbands and families. Direct them in all they do...

JesusThroughMary said...

Back when people used to love Jesus, today's feast was of the first class and would have been transferred to tomorrow rather than suppressed. One more reason to store the traditional Roman calendar....