Friday, June 11, 2010

A Mom In the Little Things

Being a mom to three (almost four) means giving up lofty goals and settling for smaller ones, ones that give care and bring small joys to my family. They might include picking up that dustball that has sat in the corner of the hallway all week. They might mean taking extra care when wiping the hands and face of my sweet toddler. It could even possibly mean investing the time and last ounce of energy into a game of football with our oldest.

Small things that bring great joy.

So today, here's my small feat that is enough to bring a smile to my face and a spring to my mama step. It is trite and rather unimportant, but to me and my family it means I've taken the time to care in a small way.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: CLEAN CARSEATS!!

Hosed, laundered, wiped, and scrubbed. (I know, I know, I'm nesting!!)
They will be clean for T minus one second. But enjoy that second, I will. Our van is feeling fresher already.

Because being a mom means investing in my family and doing the little things that wind up making a big difference, at least in our little world.

8 comments:

Jess said...

You're a great mom, and the little things add up to all the love you have for your family, which cannot be measured.

AWOL Mommy said...

that is NOT a small feat, especially with a 39-week belly

Karen said...

That is a good feeling. I agree, that is no small feat. Strapping all the children is a small feat. I remember I felt like a buckling factory. Now that my 2 out of 3 can buckle themselves, life is much easier. Thanks for reminding us to find the joy in the little things we do all day long.

Lucy said...

I'm very impressed, B-Mama! I only have one in a car seat right now, and we've been using a spare one for a week because the main one got infested with ants the other day when we left it on the porch while my husband moved some furniture. I just haven't had the energy to attack it, and that's only 1 car seat! Thanks for the inspiration to show a little love to my daughter. She really prefers her main car seat, so I'll go rid it of ants and clean it up right now.

Right Said Red said...

Amen.

And seriously, that is no small feat! Pregnant or not pregnant, a huge accomplishment!!!

Blair said...

That's definitely a big accomplishment! Removing the covers for any reason requires great skill, and hosing them down for me happens only when a serious spill or sickness has occurred (and when I'm at grandma's where someone else can watch the kids while I hose!). Way to go, B-Mama!

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
Luxury cars and planes were to be obtained only by the fanatic who was willing to stint himself in all other respects. Choice jewellery was almost unobtainable

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
and was used mainly for communal rather than individual display, but simple trinkets, hand-made by craftsmen steeped in some local tradition or venturing upon new forms