Monday, March 2, 2009

Fr. Leo

Are you familiar with Grace Before Meals? Founded by Fr. Leo Patalinghug in 2003, Grace Before Meals is centered on one fundamental concept--creating and sharing a meal can strengthen families and relationships. The movement produced a book, a blog, a regular podcast, and even a pilot TV show endorsed by PBS. The show is still in the production phase, but it looks like it will be a wonderful family friendly show, with great recipes! I only had to watch him once to think Fr. Leo was awesome.

For those looking for another meatless option during lent, check out Fr. Leo's recipe for eggplant companata. Happy viewing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red, thank you for posting! I have been having a blast playing on Fr. Leo's website all day! What a positive and uplifting idea!

Juris Mater said...

Oh, this is AWESOME. I love being Catholic. What a blast. If a priest can be this fun, hilarious and enthused about cooking, surely I can pull together my fledgling domesticity : )

Mary Alice said...

I loved this -- one problem, though, since I gave up TV for Lent, is it cheating to watch webcasts?

Anonymous said...

Red,

This is unrelated to this post, but I wasn't sure how to "reach" you besides finding your most recent post... Can you tell us why you wait on the Rubella vaccination past age three (mentioned in your April post about vaccines)? Now that the MMR vaccine can't be found in individual doses anymore, I'm trying to figure out what to do. Any thoughts or recommended reading would be great! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You can still get the MMR broken up!! FYI.